Thursday, February 11, 2010

Freakin idiot government employees! (Long Story)

Ok, so my drivers license expired on my last birthday (a few months ago), I know I know I should have renewed it sooner. Anyway.....you have up to six months before or after your birthday to renew, so its ok. So a few weeks ago I take all my papers and go to Farmington to renew. I have my social security card, my proof of residency, my birth certificate card (wallet-sized version of your birth certificate) and anything else I need. I go in the building and get the paperwork, I go fill it out and take it to the first desk. They say they CAN'T accept my birth certificate card, it HAS to be the original full document! I'm very frustrated......its not like I was born in a different country! So I take all my papers and head home......very irritated.....grumble grumble. To you ladies you understand that when you have to get an ID picture of some kind you spend extra time on your hair and makeup so you don't have to look at your crappy picture for the next few years. So not only did I have to bring all my papers and come back another day, I had to have a "good hair day" again another day! grumble grumble. So about a week later I have all my "acceptable" paper work and go up. My husband and son are with me because we are going to swing up to the Mall after and pick up an order waiting for me. I go into the building and go the first desk. I get my picture and my wait-in-line ticket. So I sit down (its going to be a while) and wait. After about 20-25 minutes they finally call my name. I go up and the cashier scans all my stuff and I am good to go. I go to scan my debit card to pay the fee.....and my card won't scan........we keep trying....like 20 times! Nothing. So the cashier asks me if I have another form of payment......I don't....crap. So she writes "EXPRESS" at the top of my paperwork and tells me to come back with a different form of payment, there is a problem with the magnetic on my card. She says to show the "EXPRESS" when I come back and they will put me at the front of the line, cuz all I have to do is pay. I am very frustrated.....again. So we go find an ATM and get the cash (stupid magnetic strip) and run up to the mall, grab my order and head back to Farmington. I go in and the front-desk guy is standing right by the front door and looks at my papers and tells me they won't have time for me today! WHAT?????? I show him the "EXPRESS", he says that their are a lot of people and they probably won't get to me! I am so irritated at this point I could have spit nails at him! So I go back out to the car, I tell my hubby what happened. We start driving away and he decides HE is going to go in with me and talk to the guy. So we turn around and go back in. The front-desk guy looks at me weird. He tells me the same thing "they probably won't get to me". My husband asks "whats the point of the 'EXPRESS'?". So after some highly irritating conversation my husband just asks for an "EXPRESS" ticket, and says we will try. So the guy gives us a ticket and as I am walking away he says "We will probably get to you" WHAT THE????? I am so ticked at this point, its not pretty. So I go sit down, I kid you not....1 minute later they call my number! I didn't know wether to laugh or shout! So we got everything finished up and left. I really really don't like government employees, I have encountered too many idiots or irritating ones, or worse, both irritating and idiotic! Its a good thing I don't have to renew for 5 years!

4 comments:

  1. I got a little hot under the collar reading about your license renewal! WOW! You held your cool well.
    I'm glad I don't have to do mine for long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbor just went in two days ago to renew hers...it's been five years since she moved to Utah, but she's been busy! They wouldn't do it because the name on her birth certificate is different than the name on her social security card. She got married...like 8 or 9 years ago...shocking.... These DMV people really have the red tape down! Two hours of my fine babysitting wasted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be illegal and you can get it without a problem...sorry shouldn't have said that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't even go into how much a felt like a minority, even in Farmington!

    ReplyDelete